November 01, 2016

Find Yourself

Man is identified in thousand and one ways which prevent him from understanding his real self.
I am Mani – identified by name
I am Hindu – identified by religion
I am man – identified by gender
I am Indian – identified by nationality
I am tamilian – identified by state and language
I am post graduate – identified by education
I am lecturer – identified by profession
I am father, husband, brother, son to someone – identified by relationship
I am old, lean, of average height, fair – identified by physical aspects
I am rich or poor – identified by money
I am good, or bad, short tempered or foolish – identified by character
I am buried among these identities
People see only these masks that I have worn, not my real face.
I am hidden by all these labels pasted on me.
My id card, ration card, passport, aaddhaar card, pass book, etc carry these identities.
Society gives these identities to everyone and makes them compulsory,
Though these identities are not really me.
Put aside these identities
Walk freely, live freely, feel freely,
Fly like a bird which wears no ID card.
Swim like a fish that belongs to no religion.
Grow like a tree by your own nature.
Search for identity, you miss yourself.
Be no body.  You will find yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.